Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Tueday, August 7, 2007: Last Day in Iran


A bridge dating from 1930's with a village in Mazandaran Province.



A lovely painting by Mokarrameh depicting love and betrayal. This is one of the paintings I used to engage the students in a conversation with her work.


I can never really understand why this last day arrives so quickly. Yet, a few days ago, when I was sweating in the hot sun, wearing a scarf to cover my hair and a long garment over my clothes, I was dying to get away. I couldn't wait to be in cooler weather. Well, here is the last day, and I feel I don't have enough time to see everyone. I will not be able to see Aunt Ghashangi and will have to call her to say goodbye. Nanaz, Shahrokh (whose computer I'm using right now), and Aunt Fakhri will come over in the evening. I'm going to Uncle Ali's house later to see him and say goodbye to him.

I went to the "mahzar" with Mom this morning and signed documents giving her the authority to send stuff overseas for me. Then we went to the jewelers and I bought some last minute things to take back.

I'm glad I will not be blogging anymore. Uploading images in Iran takes forever and it's very frustrating to be sitting at the computer, staring at the screen, and waiting for the photographs to be posted.

Mom.

Here is a picture of Mom sitting in Mokarrameh's house after we had finished the workshop. She is sitting, appropriately so, under a sign that reads: "Maadar" in Persian. "Maadar" means Mother. This was a chance photo.

1 comment:

Ami said...

This is terrific-Ami